Monday, March 22, 2010

Brain Puddles

College is some type of big deal. I've realized I've spent so much of my life merely going through the motions. After enough experience of time, we understand the imminent patterns. So now, for whatever reason, I want to question everything. Not yet an adult, I need to grasp each moment of my youth and explore them before they too grow old or mundane.

She stood on the bed, legs shaking to grasp the solidity of ground. She looked down at us, in a new perspective, and declared the brain puddles.

Have you ever grown so tired of being in your head, you realize the reason for speaking out loud to yourself? I might as well use that time to learn something.

Lesson learned out here is the meaning of seasons. Feel like ive endured the longest winter of my life, and as i lay out in the sun today, cant help but notice the piles of snow protected by the shadows.
It's obviously the first weekend of spring. "Sun's out, guns out." Blithewood looks like a cross between Versailles and Central Park... the sun beating down on a couple in the gardens, and further blankets litter the field. Bikes are parked, and serve as an anchor for colorful balloons.We sat out on the quad. I came outside, intending to read Marx, when I saw them. They were laying out with towels across the pathway, couldnt miss them. The sun, finally a light relit, makes us gather and simply enjoy. Bohemian was decidedly the word of the day, whether we like it or not. I find beauty in this undeniable fact. Marx lay forgotten, and instead i smoked a cigarette and drank from my jar of coffee. We smoked and discussed the lesson of the seasons. Listened to Dandy Warhols (of course, bohemian like you), and i updated everyone of each vapor trail painting the sky. Matt's cigar further reminded me of home, the sun and the sweet smell took me back to Sauvies. A stranger sat down with us and shared her girl scout cookies. We have never appreciated a spring day more.
!a4


Not everyone can relate, to what you and i appreciate

No comments:

Post a Comment